This Ayurvedic healthy pancakes recipe is gluten free, can be enjoyed by whole family and satisfy the nutritional needs as well.
Ohh no! Unexpected guests at home?! Want to prepare nutritious and delicious pancakes for them? Here is the Besan Suji Pancake recipe for you! This Ayurvedic healthy pancakes recipe is gluten free, can be enjoyed by whole family and satisfy the nutritional needs as well.
Planning to order some fast food item when someone drops in?! Or whipping up something impossible to impress your guests?! Husshhh! I have got you covered here! Whether it is lunch, tea time or supper, for those unexpected moments when your guests pop in; presenting for you delicious Besan Suji Pancake!
Pancakes are usually considered saccharine and sweet in flavour. Which makes these traditional Pancake recipe unfit for diabetic patients. Hence, we will tell you about the awesome Besan Suji Pancakes which are healthy and appetizing for your over-all digestive health. Adding them up with your favourite colourful veggies will make them more delectable.
Besan Suji Pancakes (Healthy Ayurvedic Pancakes)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: (Overall) 20 minutes
Indicated for Prakritis: Vata, Pitta and Kapha
Serving size: 4 Pancakes
Meal: Power packed morning breakfast, Lunch, Supper
Occasions: Serve it in your family gatherings, get-togethers or as an option for your fast food cravings.
- Besan (gram flour) : 1 cup
- Suji/Rawa (semolina) : 2 cups
- Butter milk : Sufficient to make batter
- Finely chopped Onion
- Ginger garlic paste: According to your taste
- A diced Tomato
- Black pepper powder : 1/4th tablespoon
- Coriander leaves : As required
- Curry leaves: As required
- Oil – For shallow frying
Note: You can add your other favourite veggies to it.
Method of preparation
- Take one cup of besan flour, two cups of semolina and buttermilk as required.
- Make the batter out of the above ingredients by mixing thoroughly with a beater.
- Keep the batter aside for 5 minutes and let it set.
- Add the diced vegetables, greens and ginger garlic paste to the batter.
- Mix it well altogether.
- Preheat a pan and keep on medium flame for shallow frying your pancakes.
- Spread a spoonful of oil on the preheated vessel.
- Pour the batter uniformly on the pan with a ladle.
- Add a bit of oil from sideways of the pancake again if required.
- Cook till golden brown and reverse once cooked from one side.
Your yummy Pancakes are ready to be served!
Note: Always Serve hot! I repeat Always!
Munching on unhealthy deep fried stuffs when high on appetite?! Try this healthy option!
You can have the pancakes whenever you need to satisfy your hunger without gaining many calories! Besan Suji Pancakes will serve you with high power on one side while other side they will act as a storehouse of veggies! Isn’t it wonderful?!
Are you diabetic?! And afraid of having pancakes?!
Don’t worry our wonderful Pancakes contain 0.0000000% of artificial or added sugar! You will be only loving the taste of the pancakes as they enter your mouth!
LDL cholesterol levels at a rise?! No worries!
Besan flour used here authentically contain soluble fibres which in turn prevents accumulating cholesterol in your arteries and maintains overall heart health.
Instance of iron deficiency anaemia?! These suji based pancakes will definitely help you!
Suji is considered to be a rich source of iron and hence will help in combating the iron deficit in your diet. Also, it will aid in facilitating appropriate blood circulation!
Allergic to gluten?! Here’s the solution!
These pancakes help your fight against the allergies related to gluten if you consume raw wheat! Along with this, it is more nutritious with less calories.
Say bye-bye to the nutrition deficiency disorders!
As this dish is minerally studded with magnesium, manganese, copper, potassium, phosphorus and of course iron.